|Article also found in DanceManila.com|
Now on it's 3rd year, Sinulog Best Dance Crew (Hip Hop Competition) is inviting dance crews (with a minimum of 10 and maximum of 16 members) to join and have the chance to win the grand prize of PHP20,000 plus trophy and of course the honor and title of Sinulog Best Dance Crew 2013.
Previous winners of competition include; Freestyler Cebu, 2011 Champion with Kingz Gambit as their runner-up. In 2012 Kingz Gambit climbs to the top claiming the championship title with Intense Gravity as first runner-up and New Friends coming in at 2nd runner-up completing the top 3.
2011 Grand Champion - Freestyler Cebu (video by FREESTYLEROLLY)
2011 2nd Place - Kingz Gambit (video by kalogkagkaliwat)
2012 Grand Champion - Kingz Gambit (video by aranetaria)
2012 2nd Place - Intense Gravity (video by aranetaria)
2012 3rd Place - New Friends (video by aranetaria)
Who will be Sinulog Best Dance Crew 2013??? I've been hearing rumors and it looks like we'll have some interesting contenders. Keep it here ;)
IMPORTANT DATES to remember:
- DECEMBER 20, 2012 - Deadline submission of forms with names of group/members and 3R photo of group.
- DECEMBER 30, 2012 - Elimination 6AM at Cebu City Sports Complex (Abellana) - Only 8 finalists will make it through.
- JANUARY 18, 2012 - Grand Finals 6PM at Cebu City Sports Complex (Abellana)
COMPLETE RULES and GUIDELINES (As lifted off the Sinulog Foundation Inc.(Sinulog Festival) Facebook Page):
SINULOG BEST DANCE CREW 2013 (HIP HOP COMPETITION)Guidelines:
- Open to all dance groups. Dance presentations must be within the minimum of three minutes to a maximum of five minutes only. An excess will merit the (5) five point deduction from the total score.
- Composition of dancers is within the minimum of ten (10) to a maximum of sixteen (16) dancers. An excess will merit the (5) five point deduction from the total score.
- Participations (sic) who will be involved in any misconduct within the contest period will be banned lifetime by the Sinulog Foundation, Inc. from the participating in future competition. Further, participants who will commit such acts will be dealt accordingly by the Foundation and the Cebu City Police Office.
- Participants/ the group must present a wholesome presentation and are prohibited from exhibiting or manifesting acts or gestures and movement’s offensive to any aggrupation’s (sic) or groups. In the event of violation of this rule, the Committee reserves the right to disallow the offending contingent to continue further its participation in the contest.
- Dance groups are required to submit their member’s names on or before December 20, 2012 and a 3R photo of the group must be attached in the form.
- Eliminations will be held on December 30, 2012, 6 A.M. at the Cebu City Sports Complex. Audition material must be cut to two minutes only.
- A total of eight (8) finalists will be declared part of the competition. Grand Finals will be held on January 18, 2013, 6 P.M. at the Cebu City Sports Complex.
- Performance (Fluidity, Rhythm, Synchronization, difficulty of movements) -45%
- Creativity (Hip Hop Style, Originality) -25%
- Showmanship/ Impact -20%
- Costume -10%
- 1ST Prize – P20, 000.00/Trophy
- 2nd Prize – P10, 000.00/Trophy
- 3rd Prize – P5, 000.00/Trophy
- 5 Consolacion Prizes (P1, 000.00)
2012 - Rafi